Continue the family tradition! Cut your own Christmas tree in the snow-covered Cypress Hills!
A permit is required to cut a Christmas tree. Starting Dec 1st, permits are available from the Visitor Centre, open Wednesday to Sunday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Closed Monday & Tuesday).
Permits are free but donations are accepted to support providing opportunities to enjoy your park (toboggans, skating trail, luge, equipment rentals).
Things to keep in mind:
- Cutting is only allowed in designated area.
- Vehicles must stay on roads at all times.
- Cut tree with hand saw or axe. Power equipment is not permitted.
- Tree(s) should be cut flush with the ground.
- Trees cannot be cut in the Elkwater townsite, near park facilities or along Highway 41.
- Keep your permit with you at all times while cutting and transporting trees.
- Display your permit to Park staff on request.
- You can cut up to three trees (if required) per permit.
- Roads are subject to winter closures, pending weather conditions. Please call the Visitor Centre before driving to the park.
Useful reminders when cutting Christmas trees
- Be prepared for cold weather and snow conditions.
- Don’t forget your saw or axe!
- Have extra clothing and emergency supplies with you.
- Please respect the park, respect other users and pack out all trash.