Advisory: Reesor Lake Road Pavement Repairs and Overlay
These works are scheduled to start September 6 with a completion date of October 31st. This project starts just past the Reesor Lake Road viewpoint and continues all the way to the end of the existing asphalt at the east end of the lake. During active construction activities the road will be closed and a detour route will be set up (refer to detour map below).
Access to Battle Creek Campground and Reesor Lake campground will remain available either via Reesor Lake Road or via the detour route during active construction. Please be advised that the detour route is gravel, not paved.
Access to Reesor Lake Dock and boat launch may be restricted during active construction activites. Access will be made available when possible.
All inquiries can be directed to the Visitor Centre at 403-893-3833.
2016 Alberta Winter Games to Host Five Events in Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park
The Alberta Winter Games 2016 is coming to Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park February 14-16. Bring the family out and cheer on athletes as they compete in five sporting events - Alpine Skiing, Freestyle Skiing, Snowboarding, Cross-Country Skiing and Biathlon.
There are also lots of winter activities for you to enjoy in the Elkwater town site. Try our 1.5km skating trail or outdoor skating rink. Go tobogganing, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing (limited access to certain trails may apply during sporting events, for more details click here) Rental equipment is available from the Visitor Centre 9:30am-5:00pm daily February 10th - 21st.
Alpine Skiing @ Hidden Valley Ski Resort
Three disciplines: Slalom, Giant Slalom & Dual Slalom
Freestyle Skiing @ Hidden Valley Ski Resort
Two disciplines: Moguls and Slopestyle
Snowboarding @ Hidden Valley Ski Resort
Two disciplines: Slope-style & Boarder Cross
Cross Country Skiing @ Elkwater Golf Club
Three disciplines: Individual Sprint, Individual Classic & Team Relays
Biathlon @ Cypress Hills Rodeo Grounds UPDATE: Biathlon moved to Medicine Hat Rifle & Revolver Club
Wondering how to keep the family entertained this holiday season? Come out to Cypress Hills Provincial Park and enjoy all of the fabulous winter activities the park has to offer. Don't have your own equipment? Not a problem, you can rent skates, cross country skis, snowshoes, kicksleds, and GPS units from the Visitor Centre in Elkwater.
Here are just a few ideas you can add to your list:
- Cross Country Ski the Spring Creek Trail system (over 11 km of trails) and then warm up around the woodstove at the Spring Creek Trailhead.
- Snowshoe your way around the Elkwater townsite on Ranger's Trail
- Go ice fishing on Spruce Coulee Reservoir
- Skate your way around the 1.5km skating trail in Old Baldy Campground
- Go tobogganing at the Learning Centre and then warm up inside with a cup of hot chocolate on us!
- Play hockey on the outdoor skating rink on 7th Avenue
- Check out the fun, interactive displays at the Visitor Centre
- Hike to the top of Old Baldy and take in the winter scenery from a great viewpoint!
- Rent a GPS unit from the Visitor Centre and go geocaching around the Elkwater townsite.
- Have a hot dog and marshmallow roast around the fire pit at the Learning Centre
There is loads to explore in Cypress Hills - Stay active this holiday season!